Discourse Fifty-Four

Moderator: Doug Marman

Discourse Fifty-Four

Postby SDP on Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:06 pm

Part of the personal study program with Rumi that helps more completely fathom the depths of his wisdom is sharing with others.

What are the most important things we learned from the discourse, or what are the questions it raised? Putting these into words often clarifies our own impressions. Listening to what the discourse meant to others can open up completely new insights and perspectives. This is the value of spiritual dialogue.

Feel free to jump in, add your thoughts, or read what others have shared. It can be a part of your personal study with Rumi, with a little help from his friends.

Thanks.

Doug.
SDP
Site Admin

Re: Discourse Fifty-Four

Postby rfpickett on Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:26 am

"The human being is like a dunghill, a heap of manure. If this manure-heap is precious, it is only because hidden within it is the seal ring of the King."

Two days ago, I swallowed a permanent gold crown that had been installed in 2011. The dentist sold me that the crown would last for the remainder of my life. So, I went in and had a temporary crown put in. Ever since then, I've had some up close and personal experience with my own manure heaps, hunting for the lost golden crown. Today, I trundled off to Urgent Care and had the doctor take an X-ray to reveal the crown in the ascending colon having made its way through twenty feet of small intestines.

Could this be the golden tongued wisdom? If so, how much shit do I have to hunt through to find my golden crown?

:roll:
rfpickett

Return to Discourse Fifty-Four