Busting Out of the Anthole - by Rhonda Mattern

Moderator: Rhonda Mattern

Re: Busting Out of the Anthole - by Rhonda Mattern

Postby Rhonda Mattern on Thu May 07, 2009 8:39 pm

Jane wrote:I am one who is just learning what divine love is, & what a tremendous healing force it is.

Yes, love is truly what heals....the presence of soul and spirit itself is what heals, what brings the wholeness. I am reminded of a quote I love by Hazrat Inayat Khan, "With love, even the rocks open!"

Jane wrote: Acceptance & surrender are not easy for me, & it took many years to even see that these were skills I needed to learn.

Yes, Jane, acceptance and surrender are such important pieces of spiritual awakening.

I've come to a different experience and viewpoint of surrender over the past few years that has made it a lot easier for me. I don't see surrender as having to let go of anything; it's just opening my consciousness fully to whatever is, and then letting consciousness do what it will.

I find this a whole lot easier than letting go, because the minute we try to let go of anything or push it away, it just intensifies. But expanding our consciousness to see what is more clearly shifts everything. It's the ultimate act of surrender to fully be who we are... to step fully into our own consciousness...and to see everything that comes, even things we think we have to surrender...(fear, anger, pain, whatever) from the eyes of the deepest love.

This kind of "surrender" shifts my whole view of the so called negatives. They are no longer enemies. They are just seen for what they are: aspects of consciousness that God has endowed us with to help us learn more about love.

xoxoxoxo Rhonda
Rhonda Mattern

Re: Busting Out of the Anthole - by Rhonda Mattern

Postby Jane on Fri May 08, 2009 11:14 pm

Thank you Rhonda,
Thank you for that lovely quote.
Yes! to what you said about surrender not being a "giving up" of anything, but rather becoming more completely one's self. At first I thought that surrender meant "giving up" or "giving away", as in battle, as in possessions, etc. Now I'm beginning to see surrender as a state of being which encompasses accepting my divinity & opening my heart to accept divine love & divine will. (Still trying to figure out how to become that though...)
Jane
Jane

Previous

Return to Busting Out of the Anthole