Probing the Great Equalizer - by Don Elefante

Moderator: Don Elefante

Re: Probing the Great Equalizer - by Don Elefante

Postby Don Elefante on Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:59 am

Marian wrote:My greatest difficulty is that I am asked about my religion very frequently. This leaves me in a position where I either open up and people start to go down the road where I have been, or I keep stum and deny people the right to learn from my teacher.

Hi Marian,

What do you mean by people starting to go down the road where you have been? Are you saying that's undesirable? If so, how?

One of the things that strikes me about what you said is that you seem to have limited your options to only two choices. Isn't it possible that there are a panorama of choices that might be open to you? If there were, how would you open yourself to them without asking other's opinions? What would guide you to such choices?

I go back to my earlier question about how you work with Divine Spirit. Also, to points that Vidyanet alluded to. In my experience, I've found that the most important decisions one ever makes have to come from direct, one-on-one contact with Divine Spirit -- whatever form that might take -- and not from the opinions of others (which are seldom helpful unless they suggest other possible ways to work with Divine Spirit). What does your teacher say about such things? What is your inner teacher telling you (if anything) about how how to address the issues you see before you? One sense I get is that you are trying to reason your way through your issues, and have been doing so for a long, long time. Has that been working for you?

Don
Don Elefante

Postby Marian on Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:19 am

Hi Don,

I believe I have already written about the issues and it will not serve any purpose to go over them again. In the end there will only be space for something new if I let go of something that is not working for me. What kind of person would I be if I encouraged others to do something that would limit them. Thanks for the compliment about reason, I have always been told that I am far too intuitive and that I don't use enough reason. I am glad that I have moved on.

Thanks for your time.

Blessings
Marian
Marian

Postby Larksong on Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:51 pm

Another Birth and Don~ Another Birth, your comment about the constant questioning of mind, captured my attention. Indeed, mind always gnashes when asked the meaning of life. We put it out of it's garden of delights and it becomes afraid. That said, if we only rely on mind to guide, we are going to be in a constant state of anxiety, trying to figure out all of the ramifications of Social Consciousness. If we are always worried about what side to stand on, we are going to stand around a whole lot, trying to find an alleged safer place.

My way is to try it and see what happens. How do I feel? Do I trip myself up? Whose fault is it if I am uncomfortable?
Don, your first question was to the point. Have we felt ourselves outside of social consciousness at times? Yes, indeed.

The lesser side of Social Consciousness is about hiding things, avoidance, denial, living from the outside, disconnect, isolation, victimhood. It is a front for fear and protection. When we tell the truth, really tell it from the deep space of consciousness and love that we already are, we step out of Social Consciousness. We are aligned with our best good that is good for all. We are true to ourselves and that truth is magnified out into the world.

Is it a bumpy ride? Sometimes. It takes wisdom and wit to be in the world and move through the debris of broken dreams and tightly held frailties. What do we do? We keep coming back with the real truth of what we are, keep loving, loving, loving that which is in everyone – the shining Beingess that we are.

In this way, there is no side to get away from. It is about going toward freedom which accepts everything as coming from deeper truth. When we look into ourselves, we find it right in front of us. This is how I experience it at this time. How do either of you navigate in our society and stay aligned with the integrity of who you are? My thanks to you both, Larksong
Larksong

Postby Larksong on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:51 am

My comments are below this quote and response:

[From Don, quoting Another Birth: "I think Mind never finishes its Questioning and this is a point where most people hesitate in Accepting or not Accepting Beliefs and Social Consciousness. They think they are apart from Society and it threats their Activities, so they will hesitate again, Which one is True? Mine or others?"

Don's question- Have you felt yourself being outside the social consciousness at times? What was that like?]
Another Birth and Don~ Another Birth, indeed, mind always gnashes when asked the meaning of life. We put it out of it's garden of delights and it becomes afraid. That said, if we only rely on mind to guide, we are going to be in a constant state of anxiety, trying to figure out all of the ramifications of Social Consciousness. If we are always worried about what side to stand on, we are going to stand around a whole lot, trying to find an alleged safer place. My way is to see how it resonates. How do I feel? Does it's presence in the scheme of things bring me to a place of mis-alignment with my integrity, where there is something more to discover about myself? Am I uplifted from the truth inside myself (resonance).

I like this, Don. "Have we felt ourselves outside of social consciousness at times?" Yes, indeed. The lesser side of Social Consciousness is about hiding things, avoidance, denial, living from the outside, disconnect, isolation, victimhood. It is a front for fear and protection. When we tell the truth, really tell it from the deep space of consciousness and love that we already are, we step out of Social Consciousness. We are aligned with our best good that is good for all. We are true to ourselves and that truth is magnified out into the world.

Is it a bumpy ride? Sometimes. It takes wisdom and wit to be in the world and move through the debris of broken dreams and tightly held frailties (including some of our own). What do we do? We keep coming back ro life with the real truth of what we are, keep loving, loving, loving that which is in everyone – the shining Beingess that we are.

In this way, there is no side to get away from. For me, it is about going toward freedom which accepts everything as coming from a deeper truth. My thanks to you both, Larksong
Larksong

Postby Larksong on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:54 am

Dear Forum Friends~I am still learning about ow to post on SDP, so hence the double duty reply. I thought I had posted before but absolutely could not find it in this system. So, here we are, you see my sense of things before and after. Apologies for the repetition. Larksong
Larksong

Postby Don Elefante on Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:45 pm

Hi Larksong,

Would you like me to remove one of your posts and the redundancy, or would you prefer to leave things as they are?

And if you don't wish to remove a post, which is your priority (they are a bit different)?

Don
Don Elefante

Previous

Return to Probing the Great Equalizer