Probing the Great Equalizer - by Don Elefante

Moderator: Don Elefante

Probing the Great Equalizer

Postby Another Birth on Fri May 15, 2009 3:37 pm

Hi

Don,

At First ,I would prefer to explain more about the Differences of "being in Social Consciousness" and "Coordination with Social Consciousness". They are two Separate Definitions. You know , Being in Social Consciousness reminds me an Old Proverb in Another Language : " When a sheep passes through the River , Others Follow him too ".
The main Advantage in "Coordination with Social consciousness " is to has deeper meaning in all Spiritualty Systems.
it means , you follow your own thoughts and no matter how others think, but you must know that anyone has its own Right to think and act upon his or her manifestation and finally all of them are responsible to the Social laws which have made for the Equilibrium of people's life.
I've been sometimes outside of Social Consciousness because of many reasons like depressing , Idealism , Self learning but they no longer take place and eventually following these paths won't be have good results, And I know all the story behind them.

I had Many Experinces with my roommates in dormitory at 5 years ago , I was envolved in their Social Activities , Social consciousness . later i found out , i had missed many opportunities during the College Activities and my own desires. Later i choosed to set apart many of my relationships and be more Serious in my Stuffs, but no longer i also felt, i have missed a bit chances to communicating with others who might have many great opinions.So i shifted my mind and thoughts to a new view of life. Now, It is actually between the two above Definitions.I think we must balance our inner waves of thoughts to both Spirit Guidance and Social Consciousness.

No , i haven't affect by Someone who feels that being outside of Social Consciousness is Correct.

Thanks for the Attention.

In Spirit,
Another Birth :P
Another Birth

Re: Probing the Great Equalizer - by Don Elefante

Postby Don Elefante on Sat May 16, 2009 8:58 am

Vidyanet wrote:Don,

Have you not seen any negative stereotypes attributed to the definition for "social consciousness"? I have. There are many examples. Did you want one because you haven't seen any?

Vidyanet

Vidyanet,

I'm puzzled by your question about whether I had not seen any negative stereotypes attributed to the definition of "social consciousness." I wasn't asking for negative examples. My kick-off article for this discussion makes it clear that I had seen negative examples. I was looking for the positive examples that you alluded to. Can you provide further insight as to why my question to you (May 15) prompted your response (above)? I'm missing something here.

Don
Don Elefante

Postby Don Elefante on Sat May 16, 2009 9:04 am

Marian wrote:
I have logged into this site today after a short break from it. I found to my surprise and delight 3 articles which match my understanding (consciousness) at this time. Is this a form of social consciousness?

Hi Marian,

Maybe there's some SC in there, but I think it might be more like serendipity or synchronicity, yes? :D One way or another, Divine Spirit takes care of our needs.

Don
Don Elefante

Postby Vidyanet on Sat May 16, 2009 9:19 am

Don,

My understanding at the time (May 15th) was that you asked for a negative example for "social consciousness", along with an uplifting one.

Vidyanet
Vidyanet

Postby Don Elefante on Sat May 16, 2009 9:46 am

Marian wrote:p.s.
wouldn't upliftment or the opposite depend on the consciousness of the surroundings/people?

That's my take on it, Marian. I see a difference between the spiritual consciousness and the social consciousness, although many individuals see no such distinction. To me, the social consciousness wants to control and limit. The spiritual consciousness, on the other hand, wants to give space and find creative ways to support others no matter what their intentions (but maybe not give support in the ways desired). It's based on divine love. We learn a lot in any case.
Marian wrote:p.s.
I don't think that spiritual groups are necessarily uplifting, in fact sometimes they can be oppressive. This especially is so if they want individuals to conform to the group (hieracy) game.

I've found plenty of oppression in spiritual groups over the years. Very uncomfortable at times. And it can exist in any group that looses it spiritual compass even for a short time by becoming "social." Yet, there's an awakening that comes from such discomfort and oppression. It is always telling us a story about ourselves. What we learn from these stories (about ourselves) can be shared with others who also struggle. That's why I opened this topic. I was hoping folks could talk about their experiences with their SC struggles more than provide general observations and analyses. The SC is just one of many training vehicles for Soul, and it's a particularly good one because it can be so sneaky. Lets coax it out of hiding!

Don
Don Elefante

Re: Probing the Great Equalizer

Postby Don Elefante on Sat May 16, 2009 9:53 am

Another Birth wrote:I think we must balance our inner waves of thoughts to both Spirit Guidance and Social Consciousness.

How do you personally attend to that, Another Birth?

Don
Don Elefante

Probing the Great Equalizer -AB

Postby Another Birth on Sat May 16, 2009 2:50 pm

Hi Don,

I wrote : I think we must balance our inner waves of thoughts to both Spirit Guidance and Social Consciousness.

you know that everyone's thought contains of waves of both Good and bad behaviors as we accept them both in All cosmic worlds.Right? Inner(Spirit) Guidance is One. Social Consciousness contain of Many Thoughts and Waves ( Distructive & Constructive).Right?

I Personally try to Find many Indices of Experiments & Errors which each person performs during life to Achieve many Goals. Mind itself is Rough and Inflexible ,Soul and Divine Love is Delicate but Powerful and Wise( Not in Human Definition). We Always hear Of Spiritual Teachings are saying that In Eternal we are going to Search Wisdom -Divine Love- Freedom. we are not going to Achieve them or see them and then coming back to earth without any remembering or think Ah! i'll be favour by God for ever.No. Any state Of Consciousness means you can Observe , Pecept and Hear the Waves of Divine love ANYWHERE in the Lower worlds or Inner Worlds. I sometimes experience the Divine Love in any shape in inner Planets and soon after will be in shock with it, But the coming day will be too different and my eyes see different , Feel different. I can act in deeper knowledge and Senses. I become more flexible to Give Love and Act Vigorously. Also i can feel the Abnormal thoughts of people then I hesitate whether to follow the Inner Waves of Uplifting or Social Consciousness. This is the main Point we must care more about our thoughts and thinkings which can disperse Distructively. If we always think about The Characteristics of Spiritual Emotions , this Linkage between Spirit and Soul will Remains Further, i Believe.
An Old Proverb says: " You can Determine An Unknown Perosn By His Eyes, Eyes Are Speaking to you". Eye is the Limb among of others which Manifests many Waves.Kid's Eyes deliver the Whole Truths. they Laugh to the Disasters of this world , They laugh to us because we lost our Linkage to being in thoughtless.

My Mind Stops , I hope this can help to your response.

Thanks.

In Spirit,
Another Birth :P
Another Birth

Postby Marian on Mon May 18, 2009 4:04 am

Hi Vidyanet,
Sorry If I came on a bit strong about the oppression bit. Just my gut reaction to my own personal experiences. It did me good to say it from the heart, I think the heart soaks up oppression and after a while begins to weep instead of sing. I look forward to further discussions. :D

Shalom
Marian
Marian

Postby Marian on Thu May 21, 2009 2:47 am

Hi Don,

"Coax it out of hiding"

I've taken quite a while to think about how to respond to your comments. After spending 17 years studying a spiritual path - where the majority of the time - I felt unwelcome on the outer, I am now in a position where it feels as if it is of no consequence to me, whether I am wanted or not. However, I am aware that it may be of some benefit to others struggling -if I write a little about this issue.

A quote from Nelson Mandela kept coming to mind and after surfing the web I found it within some of Marianne Williamson's writings.......

" THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WILL NOT FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU."

Although I learnt some very valuable lessons on my journey from shrinking to expanding, I cannot help feeling that there must have been an easier way to do this. Isolation and rejection is hard to bear even for the most resilient of Souls. Unless people speak out and others listen nothing will change. Holding onto positions which we perceive as 'top of the pecking order' blocks ourselves and others from expansion. Being afraid to make others feel insecure goes back a long way for me. I do not know where it began but I know I am ending it NOW.

Hope this is of some use.

Love and Peace
Marian
Marian

Postby Vidyanet on Thu May 21, 2009 1:00 pm

Thanks for sharing that, Marian. I can relate. ;)

Vidyanet
Vidyanet

PreviousNext

Return to Probing the Great Equalizer