Breaking Out of Karmic Patterns - by Jonathan Reams

Moderator: Jonathan Reams

Re: Breaking Out of Karmic Patterns - by Jonathan Reams

Postby Marian on Wed May 27, 2009 5:50 am

Hi Jonathan,

Good to link in again - not that I really linked off :lol:

I wanted to run something by you as I think it is probably relevant, in some ways, to my karmic pattern.

A couple of years ago I was hanging out in my living room having an interaction with my hampster, as I do. All of a sudden I could feel the presence of someone I had known in the past. I had not seen or heard from this person in over ten years but it was as though no time had passed and they were fully with me. The feeling was so strong that I felt a little alarmed and wondered if they had died or something like that. I had no way of finding them because we had totally broken off contact all those years previously. The feeling persisted for a long time and so I tried to phone the number - I had had for them - all those years previously. I tried to locate them in every way I could think of. I drew a blank and after several weeks the sense of them being around faded away.

A few months later I was in my local library and out of the blue I got up from my seat and went to the section where the phone books were.(I had no recognition of planning this. I just seemed to operate like a robot). I picked up the copy for the city where I had known the above person. I began to scan the pages of shops in the local area. (When I knew the person concerned they had worked in a shop). I had no idea of the name of the shop. My finger went down the page and I picked out a number. When I rang the number I explained to the person on the other end that I was trying to locate someone I had known some years ago.There was silence for a moment or two and then the person said. "I can't believe you are asking me this. I have just moved into a new flat and I've seen post for a person of that name in the hallway. I think they are in flat number 1.I've only moved in this week." Bearing in mind that my friends name is quite unusual it was probably highly likely that it was the same person. I asked for the address and the person gave it to me. They kept saying "I just don't believe this............"

Anyway to cut a long story short, I contacted my friend who said to me "Thank goodness you got my message. I tried to get hold of you a while a go. I would focus my attention on you trying to link in. I didn't know how else to find you. I'd almost given up hope."

This experience left me wondering just how much stuff comes from outside of me and influences me. It's a pretty powerful example of what for me is a common experience. I wonder if you know of ways in which I might take a bit more control of these things.

Hope this isn't too long a story.

Love and Peace
Marian :lol:
Marian

Postby Jonathan Reams on Wed May 27, 2009 6:00 am

Hi Marian,

Not too long - and quite interesting!

I think it is wonderful to have the sensitivity to be able to respond to such inner communications. Of course as you indicate it can be a challenge as well to discern when they might be intruding on your space and good to avoid. My sense is that the best way to deal with this is through practice, and developing a solid groundedness within that is not so easily moved by outside forces.

Like anything, discernment of spiritual communication impulses requires practice at spiritual exercises to ground oneself in this domain. No easy answers I'm afraid! ;)

Jonathan
Jonathan Reams

Postby Marian on Wed May 27, 2009 7:27 am

Hi Jonathan,

I do my spiritual exercises every day but obviously I could do with focusing on grounding myself. I would be most grateful if you could suggest some particular spiritual exercises I might try.

Thank you
Marian
Marian

Postby Jonathan Reams on Wed May 27, 2009 3:19 pm

Hi Miriam,

I find that this is the kind of thing where help can be found from other sources. For instance, Rhonda Mattern describes her use of a combination of spiritual and psychotherapy work as being quite helpful. Her article is I think on this site as well. I do leadership development work focused on raising consciousness, and using what modern adult developmental psychology has learned about these things. I have found it can be quite helpful. Even though we may develop well spiritually, we are still also working with the human consciousness, and using tools and means that work well for it can be a good supplement to spiritual exercises.
Jonathan
Jonathan Reams

Postby Marian on Thu May 28, 2009 1:54 am

Hi Jonathan,

I will look up the posting you mention. Thank you. :)

Marian
Marian

Postby Gratitude on Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:11 am

Hi Jonathan,
'Owned' by the minority is probably a word used meaning awareness or accepting responsibility. When one lives in a community where the majority of Souls are living at a basic needs level the outer isolation can be difficult to live with.

Regards
Gratitude
Gratitude

Previous

Return to Breaking Out of Karmic Patterns Through Communication