Shedding Skin - by Doug Marman

Moderator: Doug Marman

Re: Shedding Skin - by Doug Marman

Postby Marian on Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:46 am

Hi Andrea and all,

[quote]With this higher level of awareness the filters that pop up out of the past when I am acting unconsciously are not given a place in the present .[quote]

Yes - I have noticed this Andrea. It's almost like magic. I gain a sense of freedom from expressing something, which in the past I have felt unable to, and yet it does not encroach on the present situation. In interactions with others what I have said seems to melt into space. And I am filled with relief when I realise that I have not started another round of tit for tat. :lol:

Great to communicate like this.

Marian
Marian

Postby Ben on Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:53 pm

I am reminded it is time to get another dose of Harold Klemps simple type stories that often touch Soul within. I pick up the first Harold Klemp book I see and open it at a book mark I had left in their and in the very way of little miracles and coincidences that so full peoples daily lives the book marked page was on page 129 of the book 'The Eternal Dreamer' with a heading 'Draw Back the Curtain' and what I read has much to do with this discussion and is very close to some of the descriptions written here on shedding skins that I feel I have no choice but to share it here. I also find a common thread in the writings of Spiritual Masters that is important for the regular continuity of shedding skins, filters, or curtains, etc, and Harold Klemp touches on it here and regulary reminds one of this in all his other books. The following are his words. I have just added the words 'Spirit' in brackets, it may help for those unfamiliar with the word Eck and have underlined in bold on what I have noticed as the common thread of the great Spiritual teachers.

Draw Back the Curtain

Imagine a curtain in front of an individual looking for truth. He is able to see well enough on this side of the curtain. This is where he finds only the most apparent, shallow, superficial truths which occur in one's everyday life.
Through the Spiritual Exercises of Eck (Spirit), he begins to draw back the curtain. This allows him to see how the greater part of life operates on the other side.
This curtain is not pulled back in one fell swoop. The individual does not get a great gust of instant Self-Realization (which comes at the Soul Plane) or God Realization ( which comes at one of the higher planes). Rather it's as if the curtain that hides the true laws and mysteries of life is actually made up of many different layers of cloth.

Degrees of Realization

As each layer of curtain is pulled back, the individual is given another degree of realization. This is the point where he can say, "Ah! The things I have learned lately, through my own experiences, have come together. Now I understand the workings of life. "
The experiences continue -- some difficult, some happy and uplifting -- until at some point he is able to go up to the curtain and draw back another layer of cloth. This time he sees more. Each layer he pulls out of the way allows him a fuller view of life as it is being manifested from the other planes of God down to this world.
As the dreamer, you are learning to walk through this curtain that seperates the physical plane from the other worlds. As you enter the other worlds through one of the techniques of higher consciousness -- dream travel, Soul Travel, direct perception or beingness -- you are able to see life in it's greater format. Harold Klemp.

Continuing on with a couple more paragraphs of the book in the next small section called 'Swings of Life' that have to do with what's been brought up in this discussion on Shedding Skins.

{At times you are higher. Then, as the swings of life go, for a while you operate at a lower level. But then you go up again. It is almost like driving along a road through the foothills toward the mountain; sometimes you go up, sometimes down.
But despite the ups and downs of your journey, the farther you drive, the higher you actually go. The farther you go toward the mountain of God, the more aware you become of the Eck (Spirit), the wind of heaven..} by Harold Klemp

In just about all, if not all, of the reading I have done on the Masters, Teachers, Guides, Wayshowers, etc that resonate with me I see a common thread of the importance of Meditation or Spiritual Exercises or Connecting to the Heart and Love within, Blackwolf and Gina call it Ain-Dah-Ing and say that "in the home within your heart you will thrive". These exercises helps us immensely to pull back the curtains before our eyes, or to shed our old skins.

Another common thread I notice in the words of the Spiritual Travellers is they guide and show the way for people so we can come into our own Mastership and Awareness of Soul. I look around at my own life and also at other peoples lives and after reading Harold's words above and then the posts here I can only think; yes, this is so. To put this into one word at this moment the closest for me is the word 'JOY'. Journey On You.

Love to all. Ben.
Ben

Postby Marian on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:47 am

Thank you Ben for reminding me about the breath and being in the present moment - "Ain-Dah-Ing ". :D
Marian

Postby Ben on Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:17 am

Hi Marion, you say it so beautifully, so impeccable, I wonder why I write such lengthy scripts when one could write like you have. You seemed to have hit the nail on the head, breath and presence, what powerful words to stay with one throughout the day. Thankyou for your wisdom and polite replies.

Cheers. Ben
Ben

Postby Marian on Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:28 am

Hey Ben and all,
I would love to be able to write at length, but unfortunately due to some skin, that I am not yet aware of, I feel unable to allow myself to do so.

I feel compelled to share this lovely experience though. I am involved in a couple on Multifaith groups. One of these is based at a University Campus and the other in a small ex-mining town. As you might well imagine there is a great deal of difference between the two groups. The former consists of mainly middle class academics (class is a big deal here in the UK)and the members come from a wide variety of religions. The latter is made up of Christian Clergy and myself an Eckist. As I work at being part of these communities I am reminded of my skins which come from earlier experiences this lifetime and of course other lives. The levels of fear exhibited by the different Christian ministers towards Eckankar varies and I am so grateful that I understand their fears - having been a Christian in my early life and in many others no doubt.

What a wonderful experience to share a space with friends breaking through SKINS together.

Best regards
Marian
Marian

Postby Vidyanet on Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:54 am

Wondering how practical it is to shed sensitivity to the world at large? What kind of effects might be caused in the overall "energy" atmosphere of the planet if more people became truly independent thinkers instead of going about like sailboats detached from their moorings and blown about by the "winds" of automated passivity?

Recently I became aware of people and scientists involved in something called "Global Coherence Monitoring" and I saw some interesting findings on one of the pages.

http://www.glcoherence.org/monitoring-s ... ystem.html

It seems that even if a person doesn't use a computer they can still be sensitive to electromagnetic waves. Not only that, but to the "waves" (these are my words) generated by other people and groups!

It is now clear that our nervous systems detect these electromagnetic waves generated by others in our environment, but there is also evidence of a global effect when large numbers of people create similar outgoing waves.

http://www.glcoherence.org/monitoring-s ... ystem.html

How possible then to shed sensitivity to what is happening on a "living planet" called Earth? I don't know how practical that would be. At least not completely, but perhaps temporarily.

Part of the "shedding" might be accomplished by "replacement" of what is being shed. Like the way snakes and insects "actually" manage to get rid of "old clothes".

Without something else to replace it, would an organism really choose to "shed its skin"?

This could be the wave of the future? Change through replacement?

Get my drift :)

Vidyanet
Vidyanet

Postby Jonathan Reams on Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:27 pm

Hi Vidyanet,

Interesting thoughts indeed. I thought to respond mainly because I recognized the name of the link, and sure enough, there was a picture of Rollin McCraty who I spent a couple hours visiting in the summer of 2008. He is the director of research at the Institute of HeartMath where they do some very thorough and interesting work. He is a genuinely nice person and knowledgeable about the unseen influences both on our lives as the link you provided emotions, and from within on how our attitude significantly affects the health of our body.

Jonathan
Jonathan Reams

Postby Ben on Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:55 pm

Hi All.
Yes, very interesting Vidyanet, one can only wonder where this sought of scientific investigation will lead.

I am also responding because I recognized the name. The Institute of HeartMath have done a marvellous job in providing scientific evidence on what Mystics have been saying for thousands of years. I found that when I reviewed some of this evidence I gained a lot more confidence to continue on down the path I was going. What helped me the most is the scientific evidence about using the head for decision making or for insight and how it creates for poor outcomes and irregular type heart rhythms, while practising decision making or insight from the heart area makes for more effective decisions and insight and smoother heart rhythms.

I used their techniques some years ago to help me move beyond an addiction to anger, I was one of many people who lived with this insidious emotion without even realizing I had a problem with it. Their techniques and the scientific evidence that goes with them gave me great confidence and the ability to shed a lot of skin on a personal level. The techniques i use and still do is similar to other spiritual type methods I've read about and they have been proven to be very effective as they were for me.

The scientific evidence was like a trigger for me at the time to move on in my journey and their techniques were valuable tools to do so.

Recently I experienced what was like speeded up karma, many things were happening in a lot of directions. I felt that all these things and the many angles they were coming from were related. I went for a nature walk to help sought all this out. When I used my head to get beyond them I found there was just too much to take in and one thing would lead to another and so forth. Experience has shown me that this is usually ineffective so I used the HeartMath technique and focused on the heart area instead of the head area. I was gathering insight into this dilemna when a sentence came to mind and this one sentence covered the whole dilemna for me, so simple was this solution or insight that I really marvelled at it.

Simple but extremely difficult for me until I discovered it. An interesting thing happened when the sentence came to me, the sun shined at that very moment for about 30 seconds giving my body warmth then the sky became overcast again like it had been all morning, it was like confirmation of the insight. While walking back to the car a few words came to me that broke that sentence down even more. I also feel for some reason that participating in this forum helped in this experience.

I mentioned to another journey man about this HeartMath evidence and techniques only yesterday, I rarely talk to people about HeartMath so I felt compelled to share it here. Adds to the interesting and fun discussion. I like the way people can learn while reading and how the writer also has a tendency to learn while writing.

Cheers, Ben.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Marion for sharing your beautiful experience. With us already covering some of the ground it makes us more effective in helping others. Same as the one's who have covered the ground ahead of us are able to guide us in the most effective way. I am a believer nowadays in lifting our own consciousness before we can help others effectively.

All the best
Ben
Ben

Postby Ben on Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:15 pm

As usual I notice I failed to mention something important after posting. The fast karma mentioned in the post above came at a time where a very old recurring dream that had always been a shock to me and created fear and anger that I would wake up to, it had recently suddenly taken on a new form that shocked me even more and instead of the fear and anger there came great despair where I just cried and cried in the dream. I knew something very important was taking place here and if I fell prey to this new onslaught of karma it would be a major set back. I needed this shock and dream to wake me up and to give guidance.

I mention this because of the powerful combination of dreams and using the heart with the experiences life throws at us. I thank Eckankar for the great gift of helping me to make use of dreams.

It is interesting that over the last couple of months when I started reading my first Osho book and now on my third he states something that has to do with something that is currently happening or had just happened in my life. It is like he is following me around and setting all this up as I go along reading his books, I can't help but love the man. This is what he mentions that has to do with the post above and the HeartMath technique mentioned.

"The head only thinks; hence it never comes to any conclusion. It is verbal, linguistic, logical, but because it has no roots in reality, thousands of years of philosophical thinking have not given us a single conclusion. Philosophy has been the greatest exercise in futility. Intellect is very clever in creating questions and then creating answers, and then out of those answers, more questions and more answers. It can make palaces of words, systems of theories, but they are all just hot air." Osho.

In relation to my experience above and others, I have to agree with much of this. Personal experience is hard to beat. Far more interesting than just head knowledge.

I've got a bit off track with Vidyanet's post above.

Regards. Ben
Ben

Postby Jonathan Reams on Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:00 pm

Hi Ben,

I am glad to hear your story of how the HeartMath evidence and techniques helped you. I also liked the quote from Osho. It helped remind me that the entire reason I went into an academic path was to help show the limitations of the strictly mental/analytical methods of knowing and point to soul and the heart as the true source of knowing and knowledge. Thanks for that :D
Jonathan Reams

PreviousNext

Return to Shedding Skin